Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Welcome Home!



Welcome all to our new blog. Though we were sad to leave home
we are excited for the new journey we have begun together.
We hope you all enjoy the photo documentation of our trip to Florida. For those of you who weren't able to make it on Friday
before we left this is our going away cake that I made.




The night before we left we had a barbecue at my parents house and we were so happy to see everyone that was able to make it. We miss you all!



We stopped somewhere in the middle of New Mexico at THE Meteor Crater.
The crater was huge, 1/5 of the ridge of the crater takes and hour and
half to walk. It also takes 2 hours to get to the bottom of the crater.


Dan really wanted to take the meteor home with us, however it

weighed more than Matt's car alone.

He also struggles with following the rules.

Note the sign posted on the Boiler "Please Keep Off"






TEXAS!
We met the nicest man on the side of the road who makes snow cones
out of his home along with selling some of the most random items in his front yard.







They were delicious!






USS Alabama








I don't know how they did it, there are so many knobs, switches and buttons.


When we stopped for lunch after touring the ship we decided to feed the

rest of our bread to the seagulls around us. That was not such a bright

idea because the birds decided to swarm us. We were lucky to get away.



We are really thankful that Dan was able to take some time off and
drive with us. Unfortunately he spent most of the drive alone in
Matt's car. Luckily he was able to make friends with the cooler, cd's
and the little blue dog.


WE FINALLY MADE IT!

Thank you all for the support and love that you have shared. We are
really happy to be here and are looking forward to what is coming next for us.

7 comments:

Erin said...

Welcome to the blogging world!
Excellent pictures of the trip. I can't believe how HUGE that crater is. My favorite pictures are of the three of you laying on the bunks and of you and Matt kissing in front of the Florida sign. Too cute!
Florida is lucky to have you. I can't wait to come down for a visit.

Sheena said...

Lauren you hoser, you never called after a million voicemails that I left you. Did Matt get to transfer? You have to answer my questions. I love you guys, I hope that all goes well in Florida, watch out for the gay guys matt. My dad went on his mission there. He is now a homophobe. BE CAREFUL!
Lauren CALL me!

The Pea said...

A warm welcome to the blogging world from me as well. I will definetly send a shout out over from my place so your Aunts can find you guys. You are great I hope everything goes as good as you deserve it to.
Love you tons,
ERIN
aka The pea

Brianna said...

Congrats to my cousin and wife! I am very excited for you all to be in Florida and welcome to the world of blogging! Good luck to both of you for the future!
Much Love,
Brianna

granma and papa said...

Great pictures! Email me your address, please. We can't believe how much we already miss you guys.

S'mee said...

Holy Schmoly! This is great! I am so excited to see the photos and am looking forward to reading all about your adventures in Florida. Whoot!
hugs and love, Aunt Penni

Robyn said...

Hi it's the other aunt on your dad's side (that blogs). Congratulations on your trip and getting to Florida! How exciting. BTW, the Meteor thing, it's in AZ. About an hour from our property! I look forward to reading about your adventures. Welcome to blogging!