Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I HATE MOVING

Well we did it. For the 3rd time in 2 years, we moved again! Ugh I hope it is the last time for a LONG time. Packing and unpacking and all the tape and boxes, I am so over it all. Here you all go an update of our new home. See the picture mania below. Enjoy!


The ceremonial hanging of our family name sign


Nice butt shot Matthew. Wohoo!


Our front door from the garage stairs.


Nice view of the pool from the window on the left of the previous picture.



before unpacking. look at all the stuff.



Doesn't he look so happy to be alphabatizing his CD's....NO he's not OCD. haha











View from the front of our apartment from the window on the left of the previous picture.

Random Cupcake?




Matthew trying to fix out washing machine and was successful after many attempts. hehe.
Our extremely small laundry room....we might as well just call it a closet.

All of our boxes prior to breaking them down took up our entire dining room.


Looks better now...just need a dining table


View from the window in the prior picture. That is the main road we live off of.


Close up on the design of our curtains. Courtesy of Ikea.


Kitchen before unpacking




And after



Hallway to the bedroom and bathroom (where all the magic happens -added by Matthew). Just past the entry way on the right is our nearly non existent laundry closet.


Bedroom before unpacking


View of half the backyard from our bedroom, the other half is the pool picture above.


And after. To the right is the closet.



View of the hallway. The door on the left is to the bathroom


Close up of the closet. Big enough for the two of us. That is a first.



Bathroom. The mirror is from Grandma Marriotti.

Sweetest shower every. On the left there is a waterfall shower head. The only downfall of the shower you ask....well let me tell you a little story about our water supply. We don't have to pay for our water which is sweet except that it smells like rotten eggs. And you ask why, well we get our water from a well and apparently it makes it smell really really bad. Our landlords have a water filter on the house that they thought was hooked up to our garage apartment but it is not. They are planning on finding us a water filter but until then we have to live with stinky water, it is so bad is makes me gag.

We love you all very much and hope you enjoy looking at our new home as much as we enjoy living in it.

9 comments:

Erin said...

your apartment looks great! so spacious and bright.
the curtains over half of the amazingly huge windows is a little strange though. :)
sorry about the water, that sounds bad. really bad. i hope they fix it soon!

The Pea said...

Man I miss you guys!! The place looks great, even if it smells funny with the water running...

By the way Joe and I have moved ten times in our 51/2 years. Please don't catch up, it sucks!!!

Pender said...

I guess I could explain the whole window not having curtains on the entire window. We have the curtains for the window just not a rod and Ikea is very far away and we are slackers. We will get the curtains up eventually.

Cristen said...

It looks so good. I can not believe that Matthew was on top of the washing machine he really can fit anywhere. I cannot wait to come see it in the flesh. I miss you guys so much. I hope you get to stay there for awhile. We are looking to move once again and it will be our sixth time in four years. Not nearly as bad as yours and we have a lot of help. But it is a pain. But worth is in the end. IT looks great. Love you both.

Trent & Lindz said...

Your apartment is so cute you guys! I still haven't posted pictures of our cozy(by cozy of course I mean small) little town home and we've lived here since the end of May...Oops. Oh well I'll get around to it eventually :) I'm so happy you guys are moved in and settled. Doesn't it feel so great to get all the boxes unpacked!? I hope you guys get to settle for a while.

Jenessa said...

I thought you forgot you had a blog. Just kidding. Matthew looks like he is sitting around a lot in those pictures. What's up with that. Lauren lets see some butt kicking already. I am glad you got settled. We love and miss you both like crazy!!!

The Draper's said...

HEY! I am so happy that I have a way of talking to you guys! I've been thinking about the two of you lately! How are you guys doing? I love your apartment! It looks so good! So I hope you are enjoying Florida. Hopefully I will hear from you soon!

granma and papa said...

Hey, thanks for the pictures! One thing, though, the mirror was your great-granma Mathews, not granma Marriotti; just a side noted detail. We were jealous about the shower until you spilled it about the smell and we decided that we are NOT visiting until you guys get a filter. I hate rotten eggs. We are so glad that you are settled and sad that we couldn't help. Love you both so much!

Robyn said...

It looks as though the apple didn't fall far the tree! Matthew alphabetizing his CDs. Yep a dad trait for certain. And the pic of him sitting on the couch in the front room? He's chewing on something, Mike never was without something - a stick a straw or a pencil...