Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Pizza before Insanity is INSANITY

This little blog of ours has been long abandoned. I never seemed to have anything very interesting to say even though I do have an incredibly adorable daughter, posting only pictures of her seemed a bit repetitive. I am going to use this blog for the time being as my weight loss journal for the world to see. Maybe that will make me a little more accountable? Who knows? Let's try it.



I walked into the bathroom at work today and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and thought oh geez, I look 6 months pregnant. Being pregnant is adorable and people love it but I'm NOT pregnant. So it starts today. I texted Matt and said I am starting insanity tonight. This will be the 4th time that I have started Insanity but have yet to complete it. I really hope this post is not in vain. *fingers crossed*

Matt's family is all going to be together for Thanksgiving and we are having family pictures done, we have not had pictures as a family since a couple of months before Matt and I moved to Florida(that was 2007). A lot has changed since then and I would like to not look back on these pictures with disdain. I would like to display them in my house and not be ashamed.

I am not going to post a very embarrassing pre picture. It would not be good for anyone to see, but I will post my stats. Here is goes...

Weight 169, as I weighed myself at night after doing my fit test for insanity.
Height 5'6"
BMI 27.3

I did start insanity tonight after wisely allowing Matt to pick dinner, which was of course pizza. I love him. Never again will I eat so much pizza 45 minutes before doing my Insanity work out. Stupid! Insanity does have a menu plan to follow but I decided to start on a whim after a busy day at work with no lunch break and only eating yogurt, crackers and drinking my delicious Coke. I know I should give it up but it is a joy that I find in life and I will continue to drink it, just be smarter about how much. And no I will not switch to Diet Coke, excuse me while I gag. After finishing my fit test Matt came downstairs to find me nearly unconscious. He forced me upstairs with loving words of encouragement like, you can't stop moving after working out, your muscles are going to seize up, you are going to be sore if you don't keep moving. True love people. I took a shower and feel like I am back from the dead. He is amazing and occasionally right.

Lets talk about some goals. My perfect weight would be 120 but right now my goal is going to be 130. That is still 40 pounds people! It is really a daunting thought but I will work hard towards it and hopefully will be able to achieve it. I am going to give myself till Ainsley's birthday in March. Though I am hoping by family pictures during Thanksgiving that with the help of Insanity I will be well on my way to that goal, ideally 15-20 pounds.

Off to relax a bit and I will see what tomorrows day of Insanity brings.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I almost fell over dead when I saw you pop up on my reader!! :)
I am proud of you for putting in the effort to exercise. I need to be more consistant about that. I have about 20-25 pounds I need to lose.
I'll be cheering you on little sis!!